1. You can reconnect snapped ribbons together by using a piece of tape.
2. The reasons for a snapped ribbon are below.
- Check the size and the surface condition of the cards you are using. If you use a defective card, the ribbon may snap or break.
- Check the printing density (Total YMC, Black and Overlay). If the printing density is set very high,
the high heat applied to the ribbon may cause the ribbon to snap or break. In this case, you must adjust the
printing density using the CardPrinterSetup (refer to SMART Printer User Manual).
- Check the printing position. If the printing position setting is off
(the printing start or end position is not correct), it may cause the ribbon to snap or break.
You must adjust the printing position using the CardPrintingSetup (refer to SMART Printing User Manual).